Studies show satisfied clients tend to buy products more often and develop loyalty to a particular brand. They often spread the word by recommending products and services to friends and family as an informal referral process. One of the key elements of organisational success is the customer’s satisfaction with the organisation and its products and services. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor and measure customer satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction is the degree of satisfaction provided by the goods and services of a company as measured by the number of returning customers. Customer complaints are a common indicator of low customer satisfaction but their absence does not necessarily imply high customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is a subjective term and is not always proportionate to the quality of services provided. Even when requirements have been agreed with the customer and fulfilled, this does not necessarily ensure high customer satisfaction. In the business world this term is more straightforward compared to the public sector.
Purpose of a customer survey
Customer satisfaction surveys and customer engagement surveys can help your organisation increase profitability and growth by measuring customer perceptions of your products and services as well as their level of trust and commitment to your business. You can tailor your customer survey to ask questions that drill down areas of concern for example:
- How your business compares with your competitors
- Whether they intend on continuing to buy from you
- What your strengths and weaknesses are and what can be improved
What benefits may be obtained?
The information obtained from monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction can help identify opportunities for improvement of the organisation’s strategies, products, processes and characteristics that are valued by customers, and serve the organisation’s objectives. Such improvements can strengthen customer confidence and result in increased trust and other benefits such as better compliance with legislation.
Customer Satisfaction Questionnaire
- How do you rate our responsiveness in dealing with you?
- How do you rate our professionalism in dealing with you?
- If you received any technical support, how do you rate the technical competence of our engineers and their response time?
- How do you rate our products and services and did they meet your needs and expectations regarding quality and performance?
- How do you rate our delivery on time performance and our commitment to meet your delivery expectations?
- How do you rate the competitiveness of our products and do they represent best value for total cost of lifetime ownership?
- How do you rate our approach to quality management to ensure complete customer satisfaction?
- How do you rate YOUR_COMPANY?
A customer survey project managed by professionals can provide you with the confidence in your research and results so that you can fully understand your customers’ needs and focus on making these key decisions.